Giving all children the physical literacy, emotional and thinking skills to achieve in PE, Sport and life.
6000 teachers are already using the real PE approach in over 2500 schools, in 10 countries across the world and for the first time it is now available in Australia.
What is real PE?
The real PE program provides fun and simple to follow Schemes of Work and support for Early Years Foundation to Year 6 practitioners and coaches that give them the confidence and skills to deliver outstanding HPE. It supports the implementation of the new Australian Curriculum, HPE and its five underpinning propositions, and focuses on the development of the Fundamental Movement Skills of agility, balance and coordination. It also encourages healthy competition and cooperative learning through a unique and market leading approach to teaching and learning in PE.
Accelerating learning by developing the whole child.
What makes real PE unique?
real PE is, first and foremost, a philosophy and approach which aims to transform how we teach PE in order to include, challenge and support every child. It supports teachers and other deliverers to make small changes that will have a significant impact on their learners.
To maximise learning and impact, real PE is supported by a comprehensive program of training and support, where delegates are introduced to a new approach to teaching PE. This is achieved through practical experiential learning, reflection and review. The model also allows practitioners and coaches to use the real PE approach with students before reviewing at their next training day, thereby ensuring full understanding and the sharing of best practice through a community of learning. real PE is:
• A progressive 3-day training program, which can be attended as stand-alone days or as a full course.
• Based on a holistic approach which recognises the key abilities children need to be successful both within PE and Sport and across the curriculum.
• A philosophy for delivery provided by our ‘Learning Nutrition’ program aimed to give teachers the confidence and skills to transform their teaching in order to deliver outstanding PE.
• The only Scheme of Work with a curriculum map, clear learning journeys, integrated assessment framework and tools to evidence and celebrate rapid sustained progress.
• A long term, sustainable program providing ongoing support to teachers and schools.
• An extensive resource package – printed and online.
• Supported by a ground breaking development tool.
• An approach that leads the way in terms of making a real difference to the quality of provision.
Introductory prices start at $250 for a delegate attending a one-day centrally run training course and includes post-learning material and evaluation. Different pricing structures are in place for school based programs or courses offered in partnership.
Click here to view the real PE document.
Completing a real PE program will contribute to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements to enhance the Professional Knowledge, Professional Practice and Professional Engagement Domains of Teaching, derived from the Australian Professional Standards for teachers.
“This course has reminded me what the real purpose of PE is. The whole package will enable us to easily implement these ideas into our school. The assessment tool will enable pupils and teachers to easily collaborate and set targets for future learning. It will enable easy reporting to parents.”
Mark Phipps, Teacher,
International School Brunei
FREE real PE launch and breakfast information events
If you want to learn more about this holistic approach to HPE and sport that is focused on developing the whole child, click here to register for this event (7.15-8.15am) at one of the locations below:
• Brisbane: May 1st at The Pavilion, Queensland Cricket Centre of Excellence, Albion
• Gold Coast: May 7th at Sports House, Varsity Lakes
• Sunshine Coast: May 8th at Lake Kawana Community Centre, Kawana
How to book
real PE courses start in May 2015. To find out the locations, dates and more details contact:
Richard May, Managing Director
Create Development Australia
T: 0476 265 195
Create Development Australia
PO Box 604