Giving all children the physical literacy, emotional and thinking skills to achieve in PE, Sport and life.
The real PE programme provides fun and simple to follow Schemes of Work and support for Early Years Foundation Stage, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 practitioners that give them the confidence and skills to deliver outstanding PE. It is fully aligned to the National Curriculum and Ofsted requirements and focuses on the development of agility, balance and coordination, healthy competition and cooperative learning through a unique and market leading approach to teaching and learning in PE.
What makes real PE unique?
real PE is, first and foremost, a philosophy and approach which aims to transform how we teach PE in order to include, challenge and support every child. It supports teachers and other deliverers to make small changes that will have a significant impact on their learners.
To maximise learning and impact, real PE is supported by a 3-day programme of training and support, where delegates are introduced to a new approach to teaching PE. This is achieved via practical experiential learning, reflection and review. The 3-day model also allows teachers to use the real PE approach with their pupils before reviewing at their next training day, thereby ensuring full understanding and the sharing of best practice through a community of learning. real PE is:
- A 3-day comprehensive training programme based on a holistic approach which recognises the key abilities children need to be successful both within PE and Sport and across the curriculum.
- A philosophy for delivery provided by our Learning Nutrition programme aimed to give teachers the confidence and skills to transform their teaching in order to deliver outstanding PE.
- The only Scheme of Work with a curriculum map, clear learning journeys, integrated assessment framework and tools to evidence and celebrate rapid sustained progress.
- A long term, sustainable programme providing ongoing support to teachers and schools.
- An extensive resource package – printed and online.
- An approach that leads the way in terms of making a real difference to the quality of provision.
Click on the links below to view more detailed information
- real PE presentation – includes impact report, showcase video and brochure.
- real PE impact report – the Whole School model is supported by an impact report which celebrates improvements in staff confidence, pupil engagement, pupil progress and the broader impact of real PE across the school
- Sample Interactive Lesson Plan
- real PE – Early Years Foundation Stage/Key Stage 1
- real PE – Key Stage 2
- real PE FAQs
Cost for Practitioners
Prices start from £495 plus VAT for a delegate attending a Create Learning Community and all the supporting resources.
Cost for Whole School Model
Different pricing structures are in place for school based programmes and start from £1795 plus VAT. Contact us for more details, a cost and a model to fit you and your school’s needs.
View the full real PE resources by clicking here.
real PE Teacher Portal
In addition to being part of a Create Learning Community practitioners receive ongoing support and other benefits including accessing documents, assessment tools and resources for the real PE programme on the real PE Teacher Portal.
Click here to access the portal.
Lost your password? Contact Hollie Batson at:
T: 020 8863 0304
Visit our National Events Calendar by clicking here to find a Create Learning Community in your area. Can’t find what you’re looking for? Contact us at:
T: 020 8863 0304
“real PE has revolutionised our approach to PE and Sport teaching and learning and allowed us to see outstanding progress in all pupils of all ability levels. The skills progression-based learning, the level of challenge for more-able children and the self-assessment tools in particular have enabled our pupils to take real ownership of their own development.”
Dan Harding, Headteacher, Stockton Heath Primary School
Click here to view the full quote.